I’d like to take a few minutes just to talk about how to leave comments on our Yintegrity Blog I’ve had quite a few conversations with readers that have left me wondering if we’re on the same page.
I’m beginning to see a variety of ways in which readers view and use the comments sections of our Blog.
These range from not commenting at all to abusing them with personal shots at other readers.
I want to keep those who decide to take a step forward in leaving comments to feel absolutely safe doing so.
Along the spectrum between not commenting and hateful comments are tons of different approaches to commenting by readers.
I’m totally fine with however you decide to comment – however I want to let you know what's right on our Blog:
1. I *love* comments – they are as important as anything I write myself. They add tremendous value to the knowledge and community that we have here. If you want to comment, I welcome it with open arms…I love your comments and I want to hear what you have to say, whether it's from an “new b” stance or expert. Post your comments and I will make sure you are 100% safe to do so.
2. If you have a question – If you want to leave me a question, I rather enjoy it if you let me know how I have helped you and what you've learned from me first. That's the respectful thing to do, and of course it will catch my attention quicker. I really appreciate students with gratitude.
2. No personal shots – If there are any personal shots taken I will not post your comment. This is a place for peace, understanding and compassion…not idiocy and hatred.
I'm not against questions and searching for truth, but there's no reason to take personal shots, not unless you've been dropped on your head one too many times. But, if you happen to be mentally slow and enjoy posting hate messages, there are 102,041 other blogs out there 😉
3. Relevant links are good – if you want to point to a relevant link on another's site in a comment then please feel absolutely free to. It adds to the conversation and improves the Blog. 🙂
4. Irrelevant links are bad – if you leave a comment with a link that has no relevance to the post, it's going to be deleted. If you link, make sure it has something to do with the actual post, OK? Spammy linking in comments have no integrity and I don't go for them.
I don't want to come off “hard” – but I want my readers to feel absolutely comfortable. We spend a lot of time on this place. There is a fine line between what is and isn't acceptable for a comment on this blog and I want to be very clear about what that is.
I wish I didn’t have to have a comments policy – but if it means keeping creeps at bay and keeping you safe, I have no problem.
If you're commenting on our Blog, remember it's like you’re visiting our home when you leave a comment. So let's keep it a safe, fun filled atmosphere for everyone. I know you don't want to leave a trail of hate in the world, so I know you'll do the right thing.